Prior cleaning: Prevention with COMPREX® netcare for optimal results
During regularly operation, most gate valves are open. Sediments and scales can be formed in their housings and derogate their functionality. In some cases, valves do not close properly or cannot be operated anymore.
The valve's functionality can only be checked in case of a shutdown of the pipe, e.g. prior to COMPREX® cleaning.
How it works:
First, a defined section of the pipe to be cleaned, has to be closed by the limiting valves. Whether the valves are tight or not can be seen at the hydrant outlet point. Non or badly tightening valves are identified and marked. Then they are trained specifically by multiple opening and closing of the valve. This procedure is supported by the simultaneously conducted COMPREX® cleaning.
Thereby, between 50 % and 70% of the insufficiently working valves can be remediated. As soon as COMPREX® cleaning is done, we ensure that all mobilized sediments and impurities are discharged reliably from the pipe.
The advantages of COMPREX® netcare
• hygienically and hydraulically proper state of network through cleaning
• Inspection of all valves for their functionality
• Reenabling of 50 % - 70 % of all badly and non closing valves
• Identification of obviously defect instruments according to specified criteria
• Documentationof defect valves and clear labelling at place
• Significant reduction of number of valves which have to be changed
• Reduction of interruptions of supply caused by exchange of valves
• Optimization of costs due to extended lifetime of gate valves
• Extended intervals of maintenance due to state oriented maintenance